Continuing on with the wonderful super fruit banana, I thought it would be fun to show another way to enjoy this amazing fruit by making banana ice cream using only two ingredients and no ice cream maker. I wouldn’t even call this a recipe at all as I didn’t measure out the bananas or bit of heavy cream I used. Now you can omit the cream all together, or use skim, low-fat, 2% milk, soy, coconut or almond milk if you prefer. As I stated already you do not need an ice cream maker but you do need to use one of these; food processor, hand blender, blender, stand or hand mixer, preferably the first two would be ideal.
Now I’ve seen some crazy cooky and creative ideas from Pinterest on various uses for the banana from s’mores, freezing an over ripe banana and eating it like a soft serve ice cream. I’ve seen it stuffed with marshmallows, chocolate chips baked into a ooey gooey mess one would truly appreciate. The banana ice cream I made needs no ingredient list or directions, just use my photo’s as a guide, and you will never throw away another over ripe banana away.
Ready? Get your bananas and let’s go…..
Now here is where you can continue to pulse a few more times, and then freeze and eat later, or add one more ingredient.
Since this was the first time I made ice cream EVER, i put it in the freezer and let it set overnight. Next morning I had my daughter try it, she loved it but wanted a creamier texture and suggested that i re blend the ice cream in the food processor, and then fold in fresh made whipping cream. So that is what we did next. We did not buy ready-made whipped topping, or canned. I simply made plain whipping cream with a hand blender. No vanilla extract or sugar used as the bananas have three types of sugar and needs no more.
Remember you do not have to do this extra step, or use heavy cream. In fact if anyone makes this and uses a different milk, please share with photo’s in the comment section, I’d love to hear how other variations come out.
- Cherry banana ice cream (myheartrecipes.wordpress.com)
- The Banana Blueberry Shake (thegrecianneworleanian.com)
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Ice Cream (healthfactskhartnett.com)
- What To Do With Your Blender (beathealth.wordpress.com)
- I Scream, You Scream…Ice Cream! (thetrendyvegan.blogspot.com)
- Bananacone (joyandwoe.ca)
- Dairy Free Pistachio Ice Cream (fitnfabfood.wordpress.com)
- Raw Ice Cream! (2joyfulfruitlovers.wordpress.com)
- Plum Ice Cream (eatlikequeens.wordpress.com)
- be active: make banana ice cream (thejolynproject.com)