I got a new recipe to post courtesy of my dear friend Tami, who now has her own category to feature her dishes right here on my site that is simply titled; “Tami’s Corner”
I really dig her unique dishes that she shares with me along with her use of ingredients, that just fuse into a healthier adapted version. I thought it would be fitting to start us out on the sweeter side with this easy and delightful cake.
Who hasn’t used a soda in a dish or dessert. Granted its been years since I’ve heard the term soda pop cake, but what makes this cake stand out is instead of coke or sprite Tami used Dr Pepper which has a unique taste all on its own.
This is a must do. It’s rich, moist, and so easy to make, you will have no excuse not to give this a try. Just don’t make this cake when your all alone, cause you might end up eating the dang thing by yourself!!!
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup oil
1 10 oz. can of Dr. pepper
3/4 cups walnuts, chopped
For the glaze;
1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla and enough Dr. pepper to make a thin glaze.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan. Mix all ingredients together and pour into bundt pan. Bake for one hour. After 15-20 minutes cake should come out of bundt cake mold easily. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Pour glaze over the top. Cut and serve.
- Honey Apple Bundt Cake (kellygetthin.wordpress.com)
- Tantalizing Bacardi Rum Bundt Cake (baking.answers.com)
- Swiss Blackberries in a Bundt Cake (dairyfreeswitzerland.wordpress.com)
- A Recipe for Mini Bourbon and Cola Bundt Cakes (baking.answers.com)
- Berry Bundt Cake (claphamkitchen.wordpress.com)
- Lemon Bundt Snack Cake (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon Bundt Cake (glutenfreeinga.wordpress.com)
- Spiced Pumpkin and Chocolate Bundt Cake (annascuisine.wordpress.com)
- Recipe from WSJ…cola cakes (radicallyrural.wordpress.com)
- Sip of history: ’40s Dr Pepper ad uncovered in recent razing (arkansasonline.com)