The answer and winner of the Kitchen Gadget posted on 9/21 is Robert Johnson from Manitowoc, Wisconsin. With only a partial picture posted Robert guessed a “popcorn popper” which is correct.
In case some of you did not know Robert is a skilled wood craftsman who creates some of the coolest exotic wood art I have ever seen. These are just a small sampling of Robert’s work.
If you are interested in having custom wood art made for you, Robert can be reached via his Facebook page at
The exact name is a “Whirly Pop Popcorn Kettle” I remember as a child my grandfather making my sisters and i popcorn the old fashion way.
Not that i am totally against microwave popcorn, but let’s Face it, sometimes the best thing about going out to a movie is the popcorn, the aroma and sight of those big plump kernels that always seem to call your name out no matter how hard you try to ignore the calling of concession stands.
So when I found my latest kitchen gadget at our local goodwill Store, i bout fell over with excitement. The best part is Damien likes to turn the crank as the popcorn is starting to pop. if you see one grab it and have the kids participate, these are so much fun to have!!!
- Want to sell your home? Show off your kitchen gadgets (telegraph.co.uk)
- Must-Have Accessories for Your Kitchen (epicahome.com)
- This Grapefruit Sectioner Might Be the Most Specific Kitchen Gadget (gizmodo.co.uk)
- In love with my new kitchen gadget… (inkdancer.com)
- Got Gadgets? (kalesijablog.wordpress.com)
- Spiced Kettle Popcorn Recipe (alwaysstakechances.wordpress.com)
- Say Goodbye To Store Bought Microwaveable Popcorn’s Chemicals (sewloveable.wordpress.com)
- The Snack Files: Scarecrow Popcorn Serves Up the Chicago Mix (eastbayexpress.com)
- Kettle Corn, How To (ideasinfood.com)
- Have Your Popcorn and Eat It Too (charmingfarming.com)