This is the perfect weeknight dinner that takes few ingredients and can be done in under 30 minutes and packs a punch of flavor!
What goes great with sun-dried tomatoes? Well olives, garlic, shallots or onion, toss with pasta and olive oil and finish with a little lemon zest and parmesan cheese.
What you got is a pasta dish that’s as filling as your mama’s meat sauce with less fat, less time and easy on the wallet.
The bonus? This recipe is gluten-free, except for the pasta.
3.5 oz sun-dried tomatoes (Bella Sun Dried Tomatoes)
½ cup warm water
¼ cup white or red wine
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, diced. or Two large shallots, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt to taste
1 package pasta of choice.
1/4 tsp lemon zest and juice of a lemon wedge (optional)
Other optional toppings; grated mozzarella cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese
Start a large pot of water for cooking the pasta, and salt the water before dropping pasta.
Using a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in warm water and wine until softened, about 15 min or so. (the tomatoes will soften by the time your ready to plate)
Chop both onion and garlic.
Next heat olive oil in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic and sauté over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
Combine black olives along with the sautéed onions and garlic in a food processor and pulse 3-4 times
Next add tomatoes and their liquid to the food processor and pulse until the olives and tomatoes are very finely chopped and have a pasty texture. In this step you may have to add a tablespoon or two of water to get a nice smooth texture for the tapenade.
Cook pasta and remove from heat, and drain reserving a cup of pasta water.
Using same skillet add tapenade and half of the pasta water and slowly bring to a boil.
Add cooked pasta, and toss with tapenade adding more pasta water as needed to loosen it so it coats the pasta.
Top with a little lemon zest and a little fresh lemon juice if desired or you can skip this step all together.
- Pasta with chorizo and sundried tomato (thegourmette.wordpress.com)
- Colourful Garden Lasagna (rawstruck.wordpress.com)
- Rotini With Fresh Tomatoes And Basil Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Sundried Tomato Pasta with Cream Sauce (meganandeggs.wordpress.com)
- Baked Chicken with Garlic and Sundried Tomatoes (unspokencures.com)
- Zucchini and Shrimp Date (cupcakesandbeans.wordpress.com)
- Pistachio Pesto Pasta (bobbyandlily.com)
- Fig and Olive Tapenade with Walnuts and Goat Cheese (foodieonboard.com)
- Healthy Recipe: Tilapia With Tomato-Olive Sauce (completeherbalguide.com)
- Olive Tapenade (vegetarian.answers.com)