Chocolate Mousse, Its one of the easiest and most satisfying deserts around. What’s your favourite chocolate mousse recipe, and how do you like to serve it? I like to serve mine in a pie crust. What’s not to like about a rich chocolate mousse topped with a semi sweet whipped topping, or a topping with a hint of mint that just cuts through the rich chocolate velvety mousse
A mousse (French for chocolate foam) is a prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It can range from light and fluffy to creamy and thick, depending on preparation techniques. A mousse can be sweet or savory. Dessert mousse are typically made with whipped egg whites or whipped cream, and generally flavored with chocolate or puréed fruit.
The two versions I have here are both adapted from Hershey’s
Chocolate Mousse Pie
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
2 cups (1 pt.)cold whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 package packaged graham cracker crumb crust (6 or 9 oz.)
Refrigerated whipped light cream in pressurized can or frozen whipped topping, thawed
Beat on medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl often, until mixture is stiff.
Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
Refrigerate about 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolates.
Store covered in refrigerator. 6 to 8 servings.
Chocolate Mint Mousse Pie
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
2 Tbsp Hersey’s cocoa powder
1 cup (1/2 pt.)cold whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 baked 8-inch or 9-inch pie crust, cooled
Mint Cream Topping recipe below
Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand 2 minutes to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat on medium speed of mixer until stiff, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally.
Add gelatin mixture; beat just until well blended.
Pour into prepared pie crust.
Mint Cream Topping
1 cup cold whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
several drops green food color
Beat in a medium bowl until stiff. About 2 cups topping.
- Amaretto Chocolate Mousse (or how to win a man’s heart) (neversated.wordpress.com)
- The Best Chocolate Cake in the World (lcpereira1975.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate bomb on your plate (anjaliankuragarwal.wordpress.com)
- Chocoholics Beware: Dark Chocolate Espresso Mousse. (themilkkywhey.wordpress.com)
- A Match Made in Heaven (confessionsofanindiankitchen.com)
- Cool ‘n Easy Pie Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Mousse Cake Recipe (food.com)
- Layered Cranberry Mousse Mold Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Chocolate Pots de Crème (kinseycooks.com)
- Caramel Chocolate Pear Cake (weebirdiecafe.wordpress.com)